Boardroom Diversity Index
The WOB Boardroom Diversity Index (BDI) was launched on International Women's Day in March 2010 and is updated annually.
The BDI is the first comprehensive publicly available data measuring female participation on the boards of organisations in the sectors listed below. The index components were selected because of their economic and social importance. The scarcity of women directors is a key aspect of the wider economic disadvantage experienced by women in the Australian workforce. In publishing the Boardroom Diversity Index, Women on Boards is seeking to alter the perspective of 'it just takes time' and provide practical strategies and resources for willing Chairmen and their advisors to improve female participation on boards.
- ASX 1-300 Companies
- Superannuation Trustees
- Credit Unions
- Health Funds
- State Government Owned Corporations
- National Sporting Organisations
- Cooperative Research Centres
- Research and Development Corporations
- Parliaments of Australia
- Profiles of aspirant female directors http://www.womenonboards.org.au/subscribe/profiles/index.htm
- Women on Boards success stories http://www.womenonboards.org.au/boardroom/onboard.htm
- Case studies of women who achieved board roles http://www.womenonboards.org.au/boardroom/cs/index.htm